Beiträge von nyaben

Thank you for your warm welcome greetings, Hannes and I was able to successfully swap the both original headlamps to Purevision with the help from ny,newyork. I'd like to mention his help once again here and truly appreciate it.

Well, the process of installation is kind of simple; you take off the Talisman's front bumper, loosen some screws for the lamps and replicate them. as you mentioned on the post, the xenon lamp has the same connector with the PH1 Purevision (not PH2!) which means, super easy to wire the lamp!

after the installation, you will encounter 3 problems like I had;

1. The passing light function will not work properly.

2. During the high beams turned on, the light will be intermittently on and off for very short time like micro seconds.

3. Idk if it apply to you but in Korea, if your Talisman has the xenon lamp, that means you don't have "Auto Leveling" function. (Sorry, I dunno what you guys call it. I'm mentioning the device that automatically adjusts the height of the light emitted by the headlamp.)

You can simply solve the problem no. 1 and 2 easily using OBD connector of version 1.5 and a Windows program called "DDT4all". However, the problem No.3 needs to order an extra part to install on your vehicle and flash with a professional tool called "Clip". I'd love to help you if you're interested in and planning to replace it. let me know if you're. I owe this community something. I'd like to help if I can .

Thank you for tagging me, and is it correct the thread is about the worthiness from H7 normal bulb to H7 "LED" bulb?

To simply answer, yes. Some Talisman owners here in Korea are using LED bulbs called G2 from Philips which you don't need to worry about the dust cap (bulb cover?)'s length, but honestly, they don't pretty satisfy with the LED saying it's not that brighter than the original halogen bulb dramatically, even worse when you're driving in the rain. They are only happy to change the color from yellow to white, I guess.

I strongly suggest you to consider changing the xenon headlamp to Pure vision if it's not that expensive there. not that hard to swap by yourself.

In the second i will get my ELM Cable I will check my boxes.
    maybe you should set the "passinginhibition" and the "PLInhibitbyflasher" for a first try. Cause this sounds for me like a point that could work.

What do you think the meaning of "Passing Inhibition" would be?

I believe that it means something like 'The inhibition of Passing light' or 'Deactivation of passing light function'

but guess what. You are RIGHT! as soon as I put 1 on the value of 'PassingInhition', I've got working high beam while the dipped beam off!

actually only passing function (not the high beam function when you push the lever back) works but I satisfied.

I truly appreciate you, lck333! Thanks a lot!

Hi Nyaben.

did you set in the UPC-EMM -> LIGHTS -> LIGHTS CONFIGURATION all the types from halogen to LED?

Can you please screenshot the actual settings in this menu for the first ca 50 settings till E_U_Tail3Offset ?? Maybe this will help so we can check the differences between your settings and ours?

1.png
    Thank you to try to help me up! here's the screenshot you asked. I cut all the Welcome & Goodbye scenario so that you can check it easily.
    I only changed the values in the red rectangle.
    First time, I had change all the 'E_E_~~~~Type' value from Halogen to LED but I've got nothing but both high beam chattering intermittently.
    So I activated 'E_B_HighBeamWithoutPWM' value so that I can get enough voltage power on high-beams.

Thank you, Udo and guys .I could see that LED headlamps are the default option for the European Talisman. Very interesting.
    As far as I know, all I need after replacing the headlamps is re-programming, not any other physical work is not required.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    << This video is a symptom I'm going through. Everything else works perfectly.

I'm working on it with DDT4all and cheap bluetooth OBD from Ebay now. Maybe I should not work on DDT4all but use other programs or have professional equipment such as Renault Clip? I don't know.. :/

Anyway, thanks again guys and still any opinions or feedback will be appreciated. :thumbup:

Regrads
    Nyaben

Hello from Korea, Germans. I happen to find this place and write this post because I need your help. My Talisman was originally fitted with a Xenon lamp. and I recently purchased and installed used Pure Vision LED headlamps because there was not enough light when I was driving at night. It's a happy story up to this point. However, the high beam is not working properly since only the headlamps were replaced. The high beam only works when the dipped beam is on.

Actually, this is a very well-known fact in the Talisman community in Korea and we all know the solution is kind of programming(coding) using OBD stuff. but the problem is that only a few people know how to program it in our community and they ask for money for activating the high beam function in the name of business secrets.

I'm trying to do it all by myself so the question is.. anyone knows how to activate the hibeam function properly after replacing? I've tried several parameters in UPC-EMM using DDT4ALL, but got nothing.

I'm also looking for a way to activate 'Auto Height Leveling'.

Thanks and any comments will be appreciated.
    nyaben

P.S. Du kannst auf Deutsch schreiben. Ich habe einen Übersetzer.