Beiträge von dinefa2514

Hi,

I actually got it working yesterday, my bad for not holding the Power button long enough to soft reset the unit. I do appreciate all the help, was a lot easier then i thought it would be and im so tired of R-link that if i would to brick the unit during update, i would just buy an Google unit aftermarket to replace it with.
    All is working now tough so all god :)
    Thank you so much for the assist!

OK, then you have to update to V9.0.34 or V9.0.35 first. Another user in our forum just had the same problem as you. I gave him the tip to first go to 9.0.34 and then to 9.0.37. It's working for him now. You can get V9.0.34 here:

https://mega.nz/folder/6ZNywAI…r37P7zkWw/folder/6d8gxS5Y

The installation procedure is the same.

Hi,
    you were completely right.
    After installing the file you sent a link for i could install the next one and now im updated to newest version :)

I managed to access the developer settings and activated it under DiagRW - Gen 2.0.

Android Auto as present.
    In the main meny i also activated Android auto projection but still no go to get AA.

Do you have any ideas except DDT4all? Really not comfortable using that.

Thanks again

OK, then you have to update to V9.0.34 or V9.0.35 first. Another user in our forum just had the same problem as you. I gave him the tip to first go to 9.0.34 and then to 9.0.37. It's working for him now. You can get V9.0.34 here:

https://mega.nz/folder/6ZNywAI…r37P7zkWw/folder/6d8gxS5Y

The installation procedure is the same.

Hi,
    Thank you so much for replying so fast and assisting.
    I tried to follow the link in Chrome, edge and Firefox but link seems dead.
    Would you be so kind as to check the link?

Regards

Hello dinefa2514,

to point 1: It should work, I moved from V7 to V9.0.35xx, then V9.0.37.xx came out. The V8 is not a prerequisite for this.

Regarding point 2: Your default language is retained. Otherwise you can easily change them. Regarding point 3: I mean AA has to be activated again via developer mode or DDT4ALL. I'm not sure anymore.

Regards Mirco

Hi again,
    Might I inquire in regards to an issue that occurred?

When trying to update, i first formatted my USB as i normally do and everything.
    My car recognizes the USB but tells me that the version i have is newer then the version im trying to install.
    Double checked my R-link 2 and i have V7.
    Double checked the downloaded file from Post 18 in this thread and the Zip file is called R-LINK9.0.37.

Inside are R-link folder are:

*chain.pem (4kb)

*mm2014_upgrade.igu (1.98gb)

*mm2014_upgrade.lgu.sig (1kb).

Any idea why it tells me that my system is newer than the file im trying to use?

Thanks in advanced.

Hello dinefa2514,

to point 1: It should work, I moved from V7 to V9.0.35xx, then V9.0.37.xx came out. The V8 is not a prerequisite for this.

Regarding point 2: Your default language is retained. Otherwise you can easily change them. Regarding point 3: I mean AA has to be activated again via developer mode or DDT4ALL. I'm not sure anymore.

Regards Mirco

Thank you so much for replying.
    Great news to get, I will go out to my car during lunch and install it! have a great day.

Hi everyone,.

Im terribly sorry for writing in English in a German forum, but I been searching high and low and you are by far the most active forum I found in regards to Talisman.

I have my wonderful Talisman Sport Tourer Intense in Norway and wanted to update from V7 boot 5615 to V9.0.37.

Forgot to add that the garage updated me from V2 - V5, and i updated to V7.

I downloaded the file from the link in post 18-20 in this thread.

I have read the entire 1-14 post since then and only wondered three things.

1. If google translate is doing its job, its okay to update from V7 (7.0.24.166, boot 5615) to V 9.0.37 without having to install V8 first?

2. Will my R-link 2 still show Norwegian or at least English as a language? Did some German in school but not good enough to have it in my car :). I understand that the maps might change location, but I use AA either way as my R-link got outdated maps.

3. I activated Android Auto via the developer mode. Will I need to download the files and activate AA again, or will it keep its settings?

Thanks again and hoping someone might be able to answer.

Regards